Thursday, January 23, 2014

Happy Birthday....Blues?

Well, I cannot believe it, but my sweet baby girl is FIVE years old!  Where has the time gone?  When did she become a little girl?

I was so excited, yet sad, the night before her birthday because she was going to turn 5.  She had gotten really excited because she knew it was time for her party and because, get this, her elves were going to return for a day.  These are the Elf Magic elves.  She loves her Cyndi!  


Anyway, I got the house all decorated the night before.  The elves brought the party streamer.  The butterflies and rainbows that she had requested for her party were already in the house to help get her more excited for the party and then the next morning....



I came back from my early morning run and she was still in bed, which is pretty normal.  She woke up and seemed partly excited that it was her birthday.  I sang to her and danced around a bit and then she told me that she didnt get much sleep because she was coughing all night long.  I asked her if she wanted to go lay down in our bed with daddy and she told me she did.  RED flag #1.

Then, we did get her up long enough to open one of her presents before daddy had to leave for work.  RED flag #2.   Nonnie arrived - this is normally a big to-do.  She was excited to see Nonnie, but she climbed up into my lap and told me that she just wanted to be with mommy.  RED flag #3  I tried to get her to open another present, but she didnt want to do that either.

GULP - it was time to take her temperature.  Sadly, just as I had expected, she had fever.  I went ahead and called the dr.  After a full check, she was confirmed with the flu.  The flu on her fifth birthday. It has all been downhill ever since.  We had to reschedule her party.  Let me tell you, that has not been easy.  I dont have all of the preschoolers phone numbers, so I have had to go about very crazy measures to let them all know.  Emma Kate still has not returned to school.

It gets worse.  We went ahead and started Emelia on preventative Tamiflu, but Jerry and I both have been to the doctor with flu-like symptoms and have all been put on Tamiflu.




Now we are just hoping our sweet FIVE year old can get better!!   Stay tuned for her  as party celebration we will be doing that in February!

No comments: