Friday, May 10, 2013

People Have Problems

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!   I have overcome the world."  - John 16:33

There are days when I wake up and am trying to get my day started.  I hurry into the bathtub.  I quickly put on my clothes and make-up.  I hear one little one asking for some breakfast, while the other little one is crying for me to come get her out of bed.



I hurriedly gather some food for both girls only to realize that one of them doesn't like breakfast for the day and the other is screaming, "EAT!" at me as loudly as she can because I cannot get the food in her fast enough.  

After everyone finishes breakfast and gets dressed and we are just about to head out the door, I realize that the little bit only has on one shoe.  Oh the joy of motherhood, ha! 



God doesn't promise us that we won't have problems.  In fact, he says that in this world, we will have troubles.  I was reading in one of my devotions that if we just wake up expecting to have some problems and just go throughout our whole day asking Him to equip us with all of the things that will be thrown at us, it will help us get through the day.

I am so thankful that I will not have problems once I get to heaven.  That all of the pain and sorrow and broken hearts will be gone.  That is one thing that gives me peace about my dads passing.  I know that he is in heaven and he is having everlasting love from God while being free of diabetes and health problems and work stresses.  He is living joyously!  Praise God!!!

So tomorrow, wake up trying to expect something wrong to happen.  Maybe it will give you some hope to adjust to anything that comes your way.  Afterall, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13). 

No comments: