Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Fun!

I love the weekends.  Especially the ones where we dont have BIG plans.  This was one of those weekends.  Friday night, we had London Broil, asparagus and sweet potatoes.  Emma Kate likes to stay at my parents house, so that is what she did.  Emelia had a night to play with mommy and daddy by herself. 

On Saturday, I had a babyshower to go to of a friend that I have known since I was 4 years old.  It is so weird to me to think that Emma Kate could have a friend right now who she is still friends with when she is 33. While I was getting ready, someone else was getting into my make up!





 The shower was a good time.  The cake was AMAZING and the taco dip was pretty tasty too.  LiAnne got some pretty good things.  My mom made a diaper wreath for her to hang on her hospital door.  It turned out so cute!

After the baby shower, my mom, Olivia and Emelia went to do a bit of shopping.  I got some Springy, outdoor things.  I found an owl flag with an "S" on it.  I haven't gotten any pictures of it yet, but once we get more yard work done, I will.  We also picked up some ferns for the front porch and some new pink and fun flowers for the front flower pots. 

Emma Kate decided that she wanted to spend the night with my mom again (which she ended up coming back home for the first time since my mama was not feeling to well).  I made one of the recipes from Jenna's Blog.  It was the Bacon, Chicken, Ranch Ring.  Oh my!  It was SO tasty!   Jerry just loved it and wants me to make it for a football game this Fall. 



On Sunday, we went to church and discussed a book we are about to start reading as a group.  I have never read a book with our entire church before, so this should be pretty interesting!  In case you want to follow along, the book is called The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? and it was written by Rick Warren (I'm sure you have seen his name in the news lately.  He just lost his son to suicide) 


After church, we had a great lunch with the family at San Jose where Emma Kate got to enjoy some cheese dip and rice and Emelia had a little bit of everything.  The girls (and mommy) took a nap (since my allergies have been pretty terrible) and then we all got up and enjoyed the afternoon sun.  We planted the hydrangea bush we got from my moms co-workers when my dad passed.  We also planted some tulip bulbs, dahlia's and a rose bush. 

We had an eventful weekend!  I hope you enjoyed yours too!


No comments: