Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy First Birthday!

Well, we celebrated Emelia's very first birthday on Saturday.  I cannot believe that she is ONE!  It is such a bittersweet moment.  I am not ready for my baby to be a big girl, but I see her learning more and more every day.  She is so curious and busy.  She points at everything!  She is happy and funny and pretty easy going.  She is such a delight!


We celebrated pretty big!  We had a Minnie Mouse party, as I am sure you could tell by the previous post.  At first, we werent sure if Jerry would have to work or not, so we decided to have it at 5pm.   It was the perfect time for us to schedule a party because the USC/ LSU football game started at 8pm, so we had time to party with the sweet girl first and then watch the gamecocks.

 

We started out letting the kids play in the jump house and ride the motorized vehicles.  A lot of the older boys threw the football with the dads and some of the other kids had fun on the swings and the slide and just running around chasing one another.  It was also my grandma's birthday, so we sang to her and gave her the gift and the cake my cousin made for her.  She was so surprised and so excited!


















Then, we had dinner.  After dinner, our little bit opened her birthday gifts and I have to say that this seemed to be her favorite part.  She just wanted to hold all the toys and would hug her clothes.  She also got a pretty bracelet that she wanted to immediately put on her arm.  She was just so cute.  She thoroughly enjoyed getting gifts (after I had to strap her down in her booster seat because she kept trying to crawl away, ha!)

Finally, it was time for cake.  She had a fabulous time.  Minnie's ears were made out of cookies, so she gobbled those up and seemed pretty coated in chocolate.  Then, she learned how to poke and dig her way into the cake.  She would smile, take big bites and check out her fingers.  After she was done,  I took her inside for a good bath, gave her a bottle and put her to bed.  She was out within minutes.







 We had friends that stayed afterwards to watch the football game.  Overall, it was a wonderful party.  The decorations turned out so cute.  I am pretty proud of how everything looked!  Happy First Birthday, baby girl!  We love you!!


No comments: