Monday, June 25, 2012

Two of a Kind

It's so odd to me that we have two girls from the same two people and they are so different! I thought that having another baby would be so easy since we already had Emma Kate. Dont get me wrong, the normal stuff like changing diapers and bottles or nursing and clothes and sleeping - they are all similar or at least we have an idea of what to expect. It's just that little personality that goes along with it that is so different in so many ways.





Emma Kate has always been a talker. Since she started babbling, she has rarely stopped opening her mouth. She has great conversations, asks questions and has no problems communicating what-so-ever. Emma Kate was afraid of men. The minute she would see them, her bottom lip would roll and she would start crying.


Emelia likes to talk (babble) and is pretty loud when she does, but she would rather be moving around and getting into things. We never really had to keep Emma Kate out of too much stuff. She would go towards things she shouldnt bother, but we would tell her "no-no" and then she would go about with whatever we redirected her with. Emelia isnt really like that. She is more sneaky. She will go over to my plant and pull off the leaves and then look to see if I am watching her. If I say "no-no" she will look away from the plant as if to say "Lady, what are you talking about," but then I will look down at her little fists that are all balled up and open them and, sure enough, there are leaves in her teeny tiny hands. Emelia seems to enjoy men and women. Although it was all the men (daddy, papa and boo-boo) at first, she seems equally interested in women now, too.




Emma Kate liked baby food. She would eat it up and then she would be fine. When I would give her real stuff to try, she would kind of choke or gag. Emelia hates baby food. She wants to eat whatever is on my plate. She wants to try everything which I love because Emma Kate is not really interested in food, even now.




Emma Kate is kind of shy and Emelia tries to get everyones attention. They do both like to be the center of our attention and they both like to read books.





It is just so neat watching both of these girls grow up. My life is definitely complete with my husband and two sweet girls. I have no idea what I did without them to entertain me daily. At the end of the day, though, they are both my girls and I am so happy to call them that!



1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

What cute kids :-) Stopping by from Jenna's Journey!