Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy 8 Months!

I cannot believe that baby Emelia is already 8 months old?! With Emma Kate I felt like the time flew by. This time, I feel like we are in super speed mode. It's insane to me how quickly babies grow and develop.




Sweet Emelia! Daily, you really amaze me. I cant believe how much you are doing. You started sitting up so early and then you started trying to crawl. Now you are completely crawling and are pulling up to a stand and even cruising! I think you are trying to keep up with your sister because if we leave the room you are in, at first you will cry and then you will take off crawling until you are in the same room as us.

You started sleeping through the night super early as well, which surprised me since you were so sick in the first 4 months of your life. I am so thankful that you are better, but I will admit that every time you cough, I fear Pertussis. You are still sleeping through the night, but every so often (like when you are teething) you will wake up around 3am and cry until I give you a bottle. You are able to hold your own bottle. At night, you have dinner, get your bath with your sister and then I read each of you a story or something from your bible. Right now I let your sister pick out one thing for her and one thing for you until you get old enough to make your own requests. After your book, you have a bottle and then you go to bed. You are still falling asleep by being in your swing....sigh. You like it so much that I am afraid that we will have to make you a "big girl" swing when you cant possibly fit in yours anymore. Mostly you go to bed around 7:45 or 8pm and you get up around 6:30 or 7:30. I am amazed at how well you sleep.



You are such a great eater! You havent really cared much for baby food, but that does cause a small problem because right now you only have 3 teeth. There is another one trying to come in, but you want everything that you see mommy and daddy eating....and sister too, except that she isnt the best eater just yet. Mommy and daddy are working on that. You do like the Plum Organics foods that mommy has been buying you and so far your favorites are the mish mash. Most anything that has bananas in it is wonderful for you. You like it when mommy mashes up sweet potatoes and pretty much, you are trying everything else. I have given you shredded chicken and you like it; You like green beans and carrots and ALL fruit and today you even tried mommy's taco (with shredded chicken) salad. I am just thrilled to pieces that I can get you to eat all of this and, better yet, that you request it.

I feel like you will be walking any day. I am so bittersweet about that. I love to see you growing, but I am so sad that my small baby is becoming more of an almost toddler. I am not ready to call you that yet, so we will wait until you are at least 15 months old...ok, maybe 18 months old. You are just a happy baby. You are always smiling and giggling and playing little games like clapping your hands and peek-a-boo. You are just precious and dont seem as picky as your sister right now. She loves you to death and she is the world to you. When she walks into a room, you just light up and smile from ear to ear.



You have been an incredible blessing to us. I feel like God's plan was that when nana would leave us, you would join us. Although you wont remember meeting her, you did and that is what matters most to me. You act so much like her, so even though she is gone, I feel like I have a little piece of her through you.

You are our sweet little bit! Cannot wait to continue to watch you grow into a big girl!





No comments: