Thursday, May 24, 2012

Eating Healthy

With the loss of my nana and then my grandmother having cancer, my life has changed a bit. I have decided that it's time for us to get healthy around here. My dad has to go for a heart catheritization on Tuesday. Am I nervous? Absolutely! Am I fearful? Yes, I am. I do know that God has a plan for me and he has a plan for my dad. I am going to trust in Him and continue to pray and ask that you, too, will pray for my family.




We've taken things a bit more seriously. I have lost around 25 pounds since I had Emelia. I am trying to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight from before Emma Kate. I am close, but still have about 10 more pounds to go. Jerry and I have been eating vegetables, fruits, salads, lean meats (chicken, pork tenderloin, london broil). We have been trying to go walking at least three days a week and then I have also been running on the elliptical at least three days a week as well.





I wont lie and say that it has been easy because there are times when I want a cookie or chocolate or pizza and we definitely have those things too. I am just learning to eat in moderation and pay close attention to portion sizes.


Let's all be in prayer for a healthy family. We've had a pretty hard year and are ready for some healthy happiness!




Psalm 38:3 - Because of your anger, my whole body is sick; my health is broken because of my sins.

Proverbs 15:30 - A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health
.











1 comment:

Leanne@lifehappenswhen said...

I've been thinking a lot about your family, lately! I'm glad to hear you guys are making some healthy changes! We've been trying to do the same! I've been working at losing the baby weight, too! I've lost 10 pounds, but I have 5 more to go before I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight. I have about 5 more pounds after that to be at a weight I'd be most happy/healthy/comfortable at!

Good luck to you and your family! Many prayers your way!