Monday, December 19, 2011

it's beginning to FEEL a lot like CHRISTMAS!




Well, I tried to let you know in the title that our girls are starting to feel a bit better. Emma Kate was also diagnosed with Pertussis and I dont know if I posted that or not, but thought I would sort of update here. Emelia has not been out of the house in two weeks except to go to the doctor. We go tomorrow for her 2 month check-up so I will post stats then (or as soon as I have time).

We have been getting a ton of smiles from Emelia and she can really hold her head up and coo. She literally laughs! It is so sweet. It was like pulling teeth to try to get Emma Kate to laugh when she was so small, so I am happy to see this happy baby. Especially after all that the poor thing has been through. She has digestive issues, horrible reflux and pertussis. Boy! What a hard life for a small baby. Her reflux meds were changed from Zantac to Prilosec. It is compounded and it seems to work SO MUCH better. We were having a terrible time during the coughing spells with the reflux. Basically the cough would aggravate the reflux and cause her to vomit 2-3 times after every feeding. It was pitiful. We had to use towels around her and around us and they would both get soaking wet in vomit. I cant imagine how she must have felt. Since changing the meds, the vomit has turned to spit-up and she has started coughing less and not as strong during the day. The night is still pretty bad.

We are just thrilled to see the two girls on Christmas morning! We took Emma Kate to a friend of ours Christmas party where the girls had a "princess ball." I think with all the gift wrapping and trips to the outdoor mall, Emma Kate is getting more and more excited to see what is going to be under the tree. I hope I can start back now with posts, but I am not making any promises. Just when I think things are getting better, we have a rough day. I love all the cuddling time I have been having, but I want to see them both healthy!


(Our Christmas Card)

2 comments:

Leanne@lifehappenswhen said...

So glad your babies are on the mend. Enjoy the magic of Christmas! Thinking of your family!

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

Hey Jenny :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the digestive issues and pertussis! Poor baby! Prayers for you and your family and a Merry Christmas