Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Let's Catch Up!

Ok, so I decided to catch up a bit since I have a moment to sit at my computer.


First of all, life has definitely changed. I am so blessed to have both of my beautiful babies and my loving husband. Without them, I dont know where my life would be. I would be totally lost.


(You can see just how tired I am in this one)

The first week was definitely an adjustment period. Jerry was off work, so we were so happy to all be a family together. We are big gamecock fans and we came home on a gamecock Saturday after giving birth to our second baby girl. I watched the first half with my husband (we normally have a big group of friends over) and the second half I took a nap and watched the rest once I got up. Quite a change for us, but worth it. Emma Kate was learning to have a new little person in her life. It took some time and we are definitely still working on it, but she is slowly adjusting. I think she is going to big such a great big sister because every time someone comes over to see the baby, she tells them "Wash your hands first" because she knows that we need to be clean before we hold the baby. Our great friends and family brought food to us. Thanks to Adrianna for bringing us meatloaf, mac-n-cheese, bread, green beans, tea and key lime pie! It was fantastic! Jerry's mom made us breakfast and dinner a few times to help us to get more adjusted to life. What a huge help this was!!




The second week of life, my mom helped me. She took the whole week off of work and I am so blessed that I had her help. I was seriously sleep deprived during this week and she took the good (holding my sweet babies and spending tons of time with them) and the bad (my bad mood, the breast feeding issues, the fussiness from me and Emelia and Emma Kate too). We had a nice time. We actually got out of the house and had lunch at Chick-fil-A (Emelia's first eating out experience) and San Jose. Both times, Emelia was an angel, what a relief! We went to Hobby Lobby and Target to pick up a few things and kept Emelia pretty covered to keep the germs away. Emma Kate helped mommy pick out mums from a local Farmers Market and we put those out. We had friends over for the football game on Saturday and it was my first experience trying to be a good hostess and juggle two babies while actually watching the game. Definitely a different experience, but we are getting the hang of things.




The third week was my first week "alone" with both babies. I will have to admit that I needed to call Jerry's mom a few times for some help. She kept Emma Kate and they had a chance to play, go to the zoo and just spend some quality time together while I got more acquainted with Emelia. We went back to the Lactation Consultant and determined that Emelia was only getting an ounce of milk from both sides in a 45 minute period. Emelia was diagnosed with reflux and started Zantac. Emma Kate got her flu shot and started showing cold-like symptoms a few days later and had a horrible cough. Took her to the doctor, but they said it was just a cold. It was good to know and normally I would not have taken her to the doctor for a cold, but we have a newborn. We were supposed to attend my best friends dad's surprise birthday party, but with a fussy newborn and a sick toddler, we chose to stay home. A few friends came over to watch the game (since we decided to do this at the last minute) and I had my first beer.


The fourth week started to get a little better as far as getting adjusted. The hard thing has not been adjusting to two children. It has been the amount of fussing that has been going on with Emelia. She has a hard time sleeping because she is in pain. She always wants to eat which will cause a stomach ache if we give in to her eating her fists. She is not always hungry though. She just has issues with her tummy which makes her think she is hungry. We went back to the pediatrician and started Nutramigen to help with the digestive issues. Mommy and daddy left Emelia and Emma Kate with Nonnie (my mom) for the first time while we went to the USC football game (which we won! against Florida!)

We are now on the fifth week (Thursday) so I feel like I am a little more caught up with that. I will try and post some details here as well...just a few things here and there.



No comments: