Monday, May 23, 2011

What is going on?

So, I was at work today and after lunch, I started feeling a little odd. I felt this low pressure and then I started feeling contractions...yes, you read that right. I called my doctor and went it to get checked. My cervix looked good (it is supposed to be long) and the baby looked good as well. I asked that they keep the sex a secret since we would be coming back in 2 days as a family to find out, so no, I dont know yet. I was happy that everything checked out ok, but such a scare. The doctor did say that contractions can come out of the blue like that, but as long as they stay away hopefully I am ok. I am trying to take it easy. I am getting a headache tonight and just resting. I plan to go to bed soon.

If we can make it through tomorrow, we will finally find out on Wednesday what we are having!!


2 more days!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Oh no! Hope everything stays okay! I am sure that was scary! II can't wait to see what you're having!evta

Jenifer said...

Glad you are all well.

Leanne said...

I'm not 100% sure what you were feeling, but I had a lot of low pressure throughout my pregnancy that started right around 20 weeks or so. I also felt contractions from that point on, too. My doctor said it was normal especially for a second pregnancy to feel more pressure and contractions earlier. Also, the position of the baby might be causing the pressure? Pregnancy is an exciting thing, but is also overwhelming because everyone experiences things so differently! I hope everything is okay and that everything you were feeling is just normal pregnancy symptoms! Take care of yourself- lots of water and rest!

L said...

Glad to hear your ok. Good Luck Wednesday :)

Leslie said...

Glad you're alright, jenn! Can't wait to hear the good news!!!