Friday, April 15, 2011

SUYL: Books On Our Reading List

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is doing a SUYL: Books On Our Reading List. I have to admit that I LOVE to read and I always have! The problem is, once I had a baby (who is now 2 years old) and then kept a blog, cleaned the house, made sure to be a good and loving wife, work and get involved in my church life, well, reading is the last thing I have time for. I try to keep up with my daily devotions and bible reading. So, I am trying to make sure that is first.


Here are some books I have read or I plan to read:


1)Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl- Lysa TerKeurst






2)Crazy Love-Francis Chan



3)In the process of reading Weird: Because Normal Isn't Working- Craig Groeschel




4)Would like to read Something Borrowed- Emily Griffin







5)Harvesting the Heart- Jodi Picoult






These are just some of them that I could think of off the top of my head.



Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Erin Branscom said...

I really want to read Crazy love! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

I love your blog! I am following you!

Leanne said...

I actually have a student in one of my classes reading Crazy Love as his independent reading book. He seems to love it. I want to read it, too! I used to be an avid reader, but since I began teaching, I have pretty much stopped reading for enjoyment! I read papers on a weekly basis and I read so much "junior level" reading (The Great Gatsby, The Crucible, The Scarlet Letter, Old Man and the Sea)that when I get home the LAST thing I want to do is read! Mommyhood didn't make me lose my passion for reading but becoming an English teacher sure did! How is that for irony? :)

Jenn said...

Ive read the first two and the last one. I am in the process of the third and want to read the 4th. We will see what sort of time I have for that, haha. Leanne- you crack me up with all of your stories and how becoming an English teacher is what caused you to "stop" reading, hahaha!