Sunday, April 10, 2011

13 Weeks and Easter Egg Hunt!





I am feeling pretty good. Surprisingly, because I am not that big, I already have to slow down a little. My back has been hurting more this time and I am guessing that is partly because I carry around a two year old all the time and work full-time and am a wife (who has been desperately trying to keep a clean house, but so far not doing so well- at least the way I like it).




Well, I am a few days behind again this week, but we made it to 13 weeks! Hello Second Trimester! We actually made the mark on Thursday, but last week I was pretty much almost an entire week late, so we are getting better. We are a busy family and as much as I enjoy looking back to see what was going on during our life and pregnancy, a few days wont be too behind.



This morning we headed out to church and had a fabulous service. Emma Kate was in such a great mood this morning and had so much to say to me :) She really makes my day. After church, we had lunch, took naps (yes, mommy is napping with the kiddo naps because it is the best way for me to rejuvenate- maybe why the house is the way that it is...). After nap, we prepared for the Big Easter Egg Party!


We had a blast. The girls, Emma Kate, Kaylee, Ellie, and Alison all started out swinging.







Then there were games to play like "match the eggs."



The Easter bunny came out to do a short visit. Emma Kate kept looking up at him and wanted to talk to him. She has not been scared of these types of things at all, which really surprised me!





After that we had a BIG Easter egg hunt.













There was tons of food to eat and then we even got to go on a horse and carriage ride. What a fabulous time!


We are all resting tonight and getting ready for a new work week. I forgot to mention, but Saturday was the spring game (the gamecocks big spring game where we play our own players), so it was quite the busy weekend. What did you guys do?


1 comment:

Leanne said...

Yay for the 2nd trimester! Hope you start to get some energy back! You deserve those naps so don't feel bad at all! Trust me, I've had my fair share of afternoon naps through this pregnancy!

I love the Easter Egg Hunt pictures! I hope Lucas gets to participate in one this year! He did one last year with family, but he didn't quite "get" it. I think he'd have a ball this time. However, I am really crossing my fingers that our big day is the 22nd, which is the Friday of Easter, of course! We'll see!