Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fifth's Disease

We went to the doctor last week after Emma Kate had been having hives for over a week. I had given her benadryl and even put benadryl cream on the hives, but it just did not seem to be letting up. We went to the doctor after she started running a fever and he (we didnt get to see our normal pediatrician) said that it was probably viral, but there was also another rash that he thought was Fifth's Disease. He said that there would probably not be much for Emma Kate to worry about, that it was not that serious, but for pregnant women it could be.

I called my OB and had to go in for blood work. That was last Friday and I am still waiting for the results. Just pray that everything is ok. Obviously it has kept me preoccupied and I am having a hard time concentrating at work, but I feel like everything is going to be alright.



"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Ps 139:13


No comments: