Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cleaning out your Closets...

I know that Spring is near, but I am not talking about the same type of cleaning as that, although we did spend last weekend cleaning out mine and Jerry's closet as well as Emma Kate's. This type of cleaning is a bit different.



At church this past Sunday, we talked about how we should never let sin build up and build up, but instead, we should live life of constant confessing. I always wondered why there were times when I would hear people talking about "God told them...." I wanted to know why I wasnt hearing God tell me things. Then I realized it was because the sin was causing me not to. Psalms 66:18 says "If I hold on to sin, the Lord will not hear me." Basically, confession leads to restoration, so in order to hear him, the sin has got to go.



So, while I am working on getting that Spring Fever (since I love the cold weather), I am going to also work on cleaning out my closets- both internally and externally. Do you have the Spring Fever yet?

1 John 1:9- "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all righteousness
."

No comments: