Emma Kate got the Very Hungry Caterpillar book by Eric Carle for her birthday. She loves it. I think she likes it so much because she also got the caterpillar to go with it. She was so excited when she opened that present, that she gave her caterpillar a big hug.
For Art Night we decided to make a caterpillar. She had such a good time. She can name all of her colors and named them as we cut out the shapes for the caterpillar. As I cut out the shapes, I asked her what it was and she said "circle." I am so proud of her!!
She was all ready and set for her glue. It was real sweet watching her put the glue on the circles and then paste them down to the paper. Then she used crayons and markers and was able to follow directions. When we were all done, she sang the "clean up" song as we cleaned all of the art supplies.
We made an apple and pretended the caterpillar ate it. Such a sweet time. We are so blessed to have that time together. After this warm weekend that we had and the swinging she did and how she drove her car around the yard, I am excited that Spring is on its way. I cannot wait to see her when she sees a real caterpillar! Oh the joy of motherhood!! It is such a journey!
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"














2 comments:
I love that story!
She has gotten so big:)
Your Emma Kate is precious!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Blessings!
Post a Comment