Well, it actually snowed here in Columbia, SC. This is our first snow of the year (obviously) but it snowed the day after Christmas too. I just cant believe it. We keep saying that little Emma Kate is our little snow bunny because even just a few days after she was born, it snowed and we were not able to make her 2 day old check up until the next day. In case you didnt know, IT NEVER snows here. Since her birth, it has snowed at least once or twice a year. I love it though. I love cold weather. I love getting up to my new Keurig and yummy coffee. I love being stuck in the house with my family. I love playing outside like I am a child again. I love the snow.
Emma Kate really seemed to enjoy it this time. She looked at the white stuff and just giggled. My brother came by and threw a few snowballs and she just got a kick out of that. I dont think she ever actually picked up any of the snow, but she did touch it, of course! We attempted to make a snowman, but apparently it wasnt the snowman kind of snow because we were not very successful.
We came inside to get all warm and snuggly and I made snow cream. It was probably not as good as it could have been since I put too much vanilla flavoring in it, but Emma Kate thought it was quite tasty, so it was worth just seeing that sweet smile on her face.
Last night the snow that was already on the ground turned into what looked like an ice skating rink in our front yard. I thought it would be a good idea to go out and look at it and ended up falling on my booty. So yea, I totally have a huge bruise on my leg, but it made me and the hubby laugh.
Since I work from home now, I have actually still gotten some work done while enjoying my family. Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers. I appreciate this new position so much and am just thankful for all my blessings you have given me. It is moments like these that allows me to really take this all in.
"God bless those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him" James 1:12














2 comments:
My sister lives in Cola and I was just telling her that y'all have had more snow this winter than we have in PA. Not fair! I'm glad Emma Kate enjoyed the snow. Hope your bruise clears up soon.
Cute pictures! We've been enjoying the snow here as well! Emma Kate is getting so big - I know you are enjoying this stage so much with her!
Post a Comment