Thursday, June 10, 2010

FuN In tHe SuN!


Emma Kate is going to have a great tan by the end of summer because she has really been enjoying herself in my in-laws pool. (They live on the street next to ours, so our backyards are basically right beside one another.) She wants to get in and out of the pool every five seconds (and fell and scraped her knee for the first time, sigh), but when she is in, she will let you bounce her up and down in the water. She also tries to kick her feet and she will wear her swimmies for a few seconds before she gets tired of them. She especially likes to sit on the steps and put her feet in the water while she either a) eats a popsicle (which she can say) or b)holds a cup so that she can dump water out of it.




She also has this tube that we found at the $1 Store that she can pull water through and then shoot it out. She thinks it is hilarious. We may have to go get a few extras because Jerry and I have had some fun with it too. It will shoot from one side of the pool all the way to the other side!



So, if you don't see too many blog posts from me, it is more than likely because we have been busy "a side" (outside) with the sweet girl. As a matter of fact, she was pushing her car out on the driveway tonight and fell down. I tried to catch her, but unfortunately she fell down and scratched the top of her head/ side of her face. I was as miserable as her. I don't know how much more of this falling down I can handle!






1 comment:

Leanne said...

How fun!! Lucas is loving his water table and kiddie pool too! He wakes up asking to go "ow ide!" :) And he has been skinning his knees for months now. He'll fall down and laugh about it while my heart jumps up into my throat! This morning he flipped over his little push car and landed on his chin on the driveway. I knew it really hurt him because he actually cried! Ugh! I know just how you feel! Have a ball this summer!!! What a fun age our kiddos are at right now!