Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yoga

Well, I have to say that I have tried to start exercising AGAIN! How many times will I say that I am going to get healthy and get back in shape and actually follow through? Who knows, but I hope you enjoy following me on my journey. Maybe if I have an audience, I will keep going. I actually had a lunch break today (this was the first time since...well, I dont even know) so I went into TJ Maxx (one of my favorite stores) and picked up some new yoga pants. I thought that maybe this would help me get started. I was determined to get started right away.



so proud of our pretty grass!


When I got home from work, I picked up Emma Kate, strapped her in her stroller and we set off down the road. Open roads, hair flying in the wind. Ok, ok, I am totally exaggerating. There were open roads, but my hair was more like smeared across my sweaty face as I grunted while I took each step. I did start something new though. I would walk a bit, run a bit, walk a bit. I made it 1.1 miles in 18 minutes which is really terrible, but the point is, I DID IT! Emma Kate enjoyed her time looking at "tee" (trees) and "bir" (birds). Although I could barely respond to her through my heavy breaths.



Now that I am done with running and walking, we are about to venture into yoga. I taped a few sessions and have been doing them here and there. I also cut out this yoga workout from a magazine. I did hurt my wrist and I dont know what is wrong with it, so the poses have been difficult. I either need a wrist brace or something... Anyone have any good recommendations for beginners with yoga like dvds, websites, clothes etc? Thanks so much!

**Also, I had other pictures to post, but I tried several times and something is wrong. I will add more soon. I also have to post about Emma Kate turning 16 months old, so I will wait and post them then. I hope you enjoyed checking out our pretty yard :)

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Great job!! I felt the same way when I first started running, but looking back I can't believe how far I've come! You can do it!

Jenifer said...

Good Job! And everytime I see your posts the name Emma is solidified in my mind when we have a girl. My husband loves this name as well. Emma, Emma, Emma. Love it. Kepp up the good work.