Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Feeding your toddler...

When I first had Emma Kate, breastfeeding or giving her a bottle was sometimes hard because I wasnt sure if she was hungry or if something else were wrong. Then, I finally got the hang of it (I have a hungry girl all the time!) Then she started eating baby food. Then, we started her on table foods. Now, I guess I am having a hard time trying to decide what is good and healthy for her to eat everyday. I feel like I have gotten to the point where I just keep giving her the same thing over and over and I want to make her meals more balanced. Give me your suggestions! What do you feed your toddler?

4 comments:

SweetPea said...

Oh man I feel your pain! I feel like the only thing Emilia ever eats is cheese, pasta and bananas! I've been trying to give her a little of whatever we have whenever we make a healthy meal which includes chicken, brown rice, green beans or broccoli, pot roast, cooked carrots, and whatever else I make.

I rarely cook "real" meals for Kyle and myself anymore so lately Emilia has had the same thing over and over. I'm sure you're doing just fine!

Leanne said...

Same here! Lucas loves pretty much anything so that's a plus. And he eats a variety of food at daycare, too. At home, I just try to always give him some sort meat, cheese, grain, and veggie.

Sometimes he'll have deli turkey several nights in a row and I feel like such a bad mom, but he actually loves it. I also try to make some sort of chicken or other meat during the week and Lucas enjoys those leftovers.

As long as she is getting something from all the food groups she is just fine! Good luck. I'll e-mail you with some of our dinners that we eat!

Aja said...

I love Anabell Karmel's books "First Meals" and "The Complete Baby Meal Planner." They'er full of recipes for each stage of development. I typically feed Holder a lot of "hidden veggie" meals like pasta with homemade veggie sauce, turkey meatloaf with veggies mixed in, etc.

Try veggie quesedillas with lots of cheese, chicken breast with melted cheese and tomatoes on top, spinach and chicken pizza, meatballs made out of turkey, beef or chicken with apples. Good luck!

Jenn said...

Aja- I'd love to read your blog. My email is mrsfootball79@yahoo.com. I could probably find out a ton of information from you and it is always helpful to find new information!!