Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dashing Through The Snow...



Wow! I have been gone for about two weeks and although my title says we are dashing through the snow, we are not. We live in the south and it is COLD (yay!), but not snowing. We are busy little bees though. I hope I havent lost my small fan club, ha! I know that I dont have that many readers and that is fine by me. The purpose of my blog has been to keep up with our life with Emma Kate! I do like to write about other things as well, but she was my reason for starting this blog. I hope that one day she can go back and read this and smile, knowing all of her mommy's thoughts.

We have been pretty busy. For starters, it was my 30th birthday on December 6th. I was really dreading turning 30. I could not believe that I was no longer going to be in my twenties. I was pretty miserable, until the day finally got here. In order to make the big even more fun, we decided to do our annual cook-off and camp around a fire in my backyard. Here I am with some of my very best girlfriends!




It was SO MUCH fun that I nearly forgot I was turning ancient, ha! Little Emma Kate joined us for some dinner (you can see us in the picture at the top, but we couldnt get one of her smiling?!) and then spent the night away from home for the first time ever at my in-laws. For those of you that dont know, they live on the street next to ours. We basically share backyards, so I wasnt that panicked knowing that if she needed me, I would be right next door. Check out the sweet flowers that I got!



We also put up our Christmas lights and our Christmas tree, but most of this was done right after Thanksgiving. Emma Kate kept staring at the tree and then looking back at me like "Mama, why on earth do we have a tree in our house?" It was the cutest thing and I think she is used to it now. She will look at it and say "bowl." Y'all, this means "ball" in her language. For whatever reason, she sounds like she is from some place other than the south when she talks. I dont know where she gets that from because we certainly dont sound that way, ha! She has NOT messed with it like I thought she would, but she is interested in how pretty the lights are.





We went to my best friends Christmas party last night and I think this weekend we are just going to be LAZY for once! (I am currently doing the happy dance). It is nice to see how Emma Kate responds around other children. She definitely understands "no" now and will even shake her head before doing something she knows she shouldnt and look up at me to make sure I know that she knows. It is so cute. I can see that she will be testing us a bunch in the future.

I am also just curious who out there is reading my blog, so make me feel good and leave a comment so I can see who is reading!

Happy Christmas Shopping. We are almost finished :)

5 comments:

Regan said...

Hey! It's Regan. I always read your blog, I can't believe our babies are going to be 1 in almost a month!

HarmSkills said...

I am. Connor's mom, 9 months old.

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's Winky/Kelly! I just found your blog, so you have a new stalker. :) Emma Kate is so dang cute, and happy 30th to you!

Leanne said...

Happy 30th Birthday!! Lucas doesn't mess with the tree either like I thought he would. I don't think he's scared of it, but he's intimidated by it! :) He can however unwrap a perfectly wrapped present in three seconds flat! :) Enjoy the holidays!

Steph said...

I enjoy reading your blog. After growing up with you and then not seeing you for 10 years, it’s been nice to see what you are up too. You have turned into a wonderful wife and mother. I look forward to reading about your family for years to come. Happy 30th Birthday!