Sunday, October 25, 2009

Being a Bookworm

I love Sundays because they are always so lazy. The weekends are so busy. Fridays I am so busy with preparing things for work for the next work week and then getting things together that evening for the football game the next day. Saturdays we are always watching a game or at the football game which I love, but it gets hard with one day of the weekend having something "to do" every week.

On Sunday, I have a chance to sip on my coffee and cuddle up to a good book. If you have been searching for a different coffee, right now I am drinking Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla and this may sound odd, but I put in the Caramel Apple creamer. It is so yummy and I dont spend $5 a day on coffee. (I LOVE Starbucks, but I also like to see $$ in the bank)

The book that I am reading now is Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult. Sadly, I have been reading this book since our beach trip back in July, but it is so good and I am almost finished with it. It is funny how I have gone from being a bookworm to reading when I get a chance. It is all worth it though. Emma Kate does something new each week, almost each day, so it is such an exciting part of her life right now!
Here is the current book I am reading and probably the next one I plan to read:



If you have been searching for some books for your kiddos, check these out. I love Sandra Boynton and was reading books by her to Emma Kate before she was even born.






Well, I am not sure if I mentioned this or not, but Emma Kate and I have not been going to our church as we were. I really still like it, but she started talking and making too much noise and just should not be in "big church," so I am trying to find the courage to take her to the nursery. I know that she will be safe and it is good for her, but she has never stayed with anyone who was not a family member, so that scares me to death. Please pray that I can find the courage to take her to the nursery. Plus, I think this will be good for her to meet other babies. She loves her current friends and really is a social butterfly. Hope everyone had a great weekend! We sure did :)



1 comment:

Pamela said...

Love your book choices!

And I am right there with you with the church thing. I am not ready to leave Anna in the nursery yet either. I mostly spend my time in the brides room listening to the service through the intercom. Ha! I just think Anna is a bit too young for the nursery just yet....maybe it's just me being paranoid...but the youth normally run our nursery. Yikes! :D