Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy 7 Months!



Great day in the morning! Miss Emma Kate is 7 months old today. The girl just keeps getting older and learning more and more. I have had a blast learning to be a mommy and am so excited to have the rest of this journey with her.



What is Emma Kate up to these days?

* She eats three meals a day.
* She starts the day with a bottle, then meal, then bottle, then meal and so on.
* She wears size 2 diapers
* She wears 6-9 month clothes, but some 3 month pants still fit her and she has worn a few of her 9 month dresses because they were so cute that I could not wait.
* She sits all by herself
* When on the couch or bed, she will basically get up on her knees all by herself
* She does a rough transition from a sit to a crawl on the floor
* She loves to jump. This girl is a jump star!! She prefers to be in ones arms jumping, but will tolerate her jumperoo and actually likes it sometimes
* She likes to scream
* She enjoys talking/ babbling- says "mama," "dada," and "bye-bye"
* Likes to splash in the bath tub



* Giggles
* Very ticklish
* Talks the most in the mornings
* Gives a huge smile when either Jerry or I go and get her out of her crib in the mornings
* Has two bottom teeth


* Uses her sippy cup, but just not all the time (with water)
* Still puts everything into her mouth all the time
* Will reach for those she really loves
* Not a big fan of strangers
* Likes to stare at people when we are in the line at the grocery store
* Likes to look around when we are driving down the road
* Always calms down when I sing to her :) I am so proud of this too because I CANNOT sing!




Thanks for checking us out! Stay tuned for tailgating talk!




4 comments:

Reid said...

She is so precious!!! She's doing so well too! Keep putting bows in her hair b/c I didn't w/ Gracie and she hates anything in her hair! *sigh* Now how will she ever do in pageants!?! :) j/k, kind of.
And I can't believe it's tailgating time again!

Amanda Ledford said...

CUTENESS at it's finest!!!! She is just too adorable!

Steph said...

She is so cute! Happy 7 months Emma Kate!!!

Leanne said...

Happy 7 months, Emma Kate! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!