Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cute As A Button


I now have 20 children on my caseload, but am managing...still staying busy with work!! Emma Kate is just the cutest little thing I have ever seen. We got a jogging stroller so that Jerry and I could continue with our walks. We love a good afternoon stroll and it is nice to be able to involve our new addition in on the fun. We had a great weekend outdoors and planted lots of new flowers. I cant wait to take and post pictures. We had an adventurous day at church. At the end of service, we got up to go out because I thought that she was about to get fussy. There was some spilled water under our seats and the bottom of my shoes were wet. Next thing I know, Emma Kate and I fell down. It was just terrible. She is ok because I held her so tight that she really didn't get hurt. Plus, I dropped to my knees and sort of "caught" the fall. I have very swollen bruised up knees, but there are no signs on her of falling. Looking back, it was embarrassing, but I am SO THANKFUL that she is ok. I called her pediatrician and they said that if she was throwing up or was unconscious or wouldn't wake up after falling asleep then we should go to the emergency room. Great day! At least we are all safe and sound at home tonight. By the looks of the pictures, you cant tell that we had such an adventurous day. She does smile. As a matter of fact, she chuckles, but I have a hard time
catching it on camera...maybe next time.

1 comment:

Reid said...

I am glad you are both ok! Scary!
And she's just adorable!!!