Monday, March 23, 2009

We're Baaack!


Well hello guys. Sorry I havent posted in a few days. We have had a busy week and no time near the computer. The picture above is to help show everyone just how big our little baby is getting! Wednesday, Emma Kate had her 2 month well check-up. It went really well. She is only in the 7th percentile for weight and the 15th percentile for length. Dr. Rickenmann is not concerned with weight nor length because she says that Emma Kate started out small (6lbz 4 oz) and she didnt expect her to be a big girl at this visit. So, with that being said, she weighed 8 lbs and 13 oz and is 21 1/2 inches long. She is in the 20th percentile for head circumference, so we were happy that the place where she "scored" high was her brain :) That a girl! Dr. Rickenmann seems to think that our Little Miss Emma Kate is going to be a talker. For real? Imagine that! She wouldnt get that from her mama at all. She just laughed, smiled and cooed at her doctor, so it seems as though we picked a good pediatrician. They make a great match.

So, little Emma Kate was all smiles and lying on the table moving all around talking to mommy and daddy when in walks the nurse. She had four shots in her hand. Three were in the upper thighs and one was oral. They started out by giving the little one some Tylenol. She began just looking all around and cooing at the nurse. Then, the nurse poked one of her legs and she kind of looked up like "Excuse me, but what was that?" After that, there were two more pokes and the crying began. I had to pick my poor baby up to make her all better and surprisingly she stopped crying shortly after. Even Dr. Rickenmann was surprised at how well she calmed herself down. Turns out, the little spots on the back of her hair line are "stork bites" afterall. I was right in all my reading that I have done. She said it was just a birth mark that may go away, but honestly I hope it doesnt because it gives her personality. We will now be putting a teaspoon of rice cereal in her bottles to help with the spitting up and reflux, but the prevacid also does seem to be helping. Praise the Lord! It was nice to be able to spend the day with my two favs, Jerry and Emma Kate, after the appointment. Once we got home, she slept most of the day. She did get slightly fussy that night, but nothing that was out of the norm for her. This was her lounging after her first nap after shots.

2 comments:

Reid said...

She is adorable!!! Enjoy this time with her!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What adorable pictures. So glad I found your blog.

Stop by my blog for a visit. Though I am relativity new to blogging, I am loving all my new friends.


I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.
I have a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years.

From the comments I have already received, appears to be something a little different and something anyone could use.

I have been so touched by the comments that I have decided to give 2 boxes . They will be the $100 deluxe size.


I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be Saturday!