Hello everyone! Happy New Year :) I thought I would put all of the highlights from 2008 in this blog since that was a special year...the one that we made Emma in :)
2008-Year in Review
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got pregnant!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I made the new years resolution to get organized. I have to say that I did get organized, but there are still so many more things that need to be done.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, my best friend Bridget gave birth to her second daughter, Kaylee :)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank goodness this did NOT happen, but we were very close to losing one of the closest people in my life!
5. What countries did you visit?
Well, I guess some of these are really in the US, but we did visit different islands: Bahamas, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk. It was a great babymoon!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I would like to have a more organized work schedule that is less stressful so that I can spend time with my new precious baby. Oh and playdates!!!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 10th ish- I got a raise!
May 17th- The day I took a pregnancy test and it said "pregnant"
May 19th- The day that I told my parents and my brother that we are expecting a baby :)
June 5th- Saw the heartbeat for the first time
July 3rd- Heard the heartbeat for the first time
August 3rd-10th- our last vacation without a baby/child
September 10th- The day we found out "It's a girl!"
November 9th- My first baby shower
December 6th- My first birthday being pregnant! My family, friends and husband made this day so special for me.
December 10th- The day that we were told to expect my nana's last breaths....but she survived!
December 23rd- Nana was released from the hospital and was able to spend Christmas with us!!
December 31st- Jerry and I were excited to celebrate the new year- the year our baby girl will be born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I can honestly say that becoming pregnant and carrying the baby has been my biggest achievement along with planning a nursery and getting everything prepared for this baby.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I am not sure...maybe my lack of keeping certain friends in my life although I feel that changed for reasons beyond my control.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the flu in Feb and then found out that I am anemic during this pregnancy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the baby furniture...crib, dresser/changing table or my brand new car!!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jarrett- He was able to stick to his word and move on in his relationship :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, this would go back to the friends that I have lost touch with since becoming pregnant. I am no longer appalled nor depressed and understand that life brings us changes and we just have to learn which ways we want to deal with them.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, vacation and baby
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
This post is really turning into being all about the baby, but seriously I think that will be for the rest of my life. I was so excited to find out that we are having a baby and every step we have been able to take along with it from hearing the heartbeat, to seeing her move and feeling her move and finding out she is a girl. I am so excited to meet our little one! I just cant wait :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
hmmm....Probably chicken fried or whatever it is called. During some of the times that I was really upset about my nana and everything that she is having to go through, my husband would sing this song to me. I dont know why, but he just would and it made me smile. Now I LOVE the song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier!
b) thinner or fatter? well, I wouldnt call it fatter, just pregnant
c) richer or poorer? poorer and in case you didnt know, babies are expensive!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had cooked more dinners (being pregnant kind of made me a little lazy at times in the cooking department), become more organized with work stuff
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing over the baby stuff and I wish I would not have gone on without settling disagreements...those things should be taken care of right away.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family:)
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I have fallen in love with our new life and I have to admit that going through this entire process has really made me fall deeper and harder in love with my husband! Such a great feeling :)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, Young and the Restless and 90210
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I dont hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
I have started reading several and have finished some of those and dont know when that started happening because usually I will read a book cover to cover. I have been reading My pregnancy week by week and love that book! It has really been so helpful :) I honestly cant think of the other books right now, but there are several.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Well, since this is a hard one I will have to say the greatest musical discovery was finding out that my brother is learning to play the guitar and he is doing a great job!
26. What did you want and get?
A new car, a positive pregnancy test, diamond earrings!! There are probably a ton more, but those were just the really big things.
27. What did you want and not get?
There is not really anything that I have wanted and not gotten....
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Well, we never go to the movies anymore, so I honestly dont think that we went to the movies the entire year of 2008??!! How does that happen??
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my birthday, I turned 29- YIKES! I started the day off by having my husband wake up to singing to me "today is your birthday, danananannana!" My brother had sent me a text message shortly after 1am telling me Happy Birthday also :) I went to the hospital and saw nana because she wanted to hang out with me that day. The first thing the little lady thought of was to tell me Happy birthday and give me my gift. It was so sweet. It was a bracelet with a "j" on it. Most of my family was at the hospital, so instead of doing a dinner with them, we got to hang out at the hospital. Sounds depressing, but it was nice. Then, that night, I went to dinner with my husband, friends and Jarrett. We ate TONS of food, I drank Shirley Temples and then we had an awesome brownie delight! I got diamond earrings from Jerry :) What a great day I had!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery...i stole this from someone else, but that is so true!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Well, lets just say that I am in maternity clothes although my CEO did tell me that I am a hip pregnant chick :)
32. What kept you sane?
My husband, family, friends and little Belle! (our dog)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Reese Witherspooon- I watched the Legally Blond movies alot this year.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything to do with the election...
35. Who did you miss?
I miss Nana being healthy!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Amanda Ledford is the best new person that I have met. She is a great BFP buddy and we have been become wonderful friends through the internet... (this is not just some weird internet friend!)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Cherish the moments that you have with your loved ones and be grateful for who and what you have because you never know when you may lose it!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time
It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right.
I hope you have the time of your life!
Movie Review: You, Me & Tuscany
4 months ago














1 comment:
I found your blog through Shannon's. Im hoping to get caught up on the reading! lol Thanks for Sharing those questions, and also the site for reading the bible. I am going to try it this year!
Good luck the next month
Post a Comment