Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ready for Change

Well hello there.  I looked back at my last post only to realize that it has been since around Easter when I posted last.  Part of the reason was because my computer kept crashing and trying to keep up with a blog with an already busy schedule it just made for bad timing.



So anyway, I am back!  There have been so many changes in my life lately.  I am ready to start sharing some of those with you.  One thing that I have realized is that we really do need to try to "Be still" during this crazy, hectic, chaotic world.  Otherwise, how ever will we have the time to hear God's voice and know what He has called us to do?  I am taking more time to carry out my daily devotions and honestly, the days I don't get to read it, I just end up having a bad day.  Trusting God and stepping out of my comfort zone is not easy, but little- by-little I am learning that this is His plan for my life that I need to be abiding by, not mine.

We all went on vacation during July and while we were gone, our items in our house were struck by lightning.  We needed a new TV and Jerry has been wanting a smart television for a while now, so we decided to get a new TV and a new laptop.  I LOVE both of them!  Back in college, I had a Toshiba laptop.  I absolutely loved it, but it just got real old and outdated, so I needed something new.  I thought purchasing a Dell would be a great change and I was especially excited about being able to personalize it during the purchase of it.  It just all of a sudden stopped working one day.  My husband had purchased one at the same time as well and his pretty much stopped working too.  Long story short, I think I will stick with Toshiba's now for a bit because I really love it.  It is a touch-screen, so I am adjusting to that.  It also has a wide screen and it can split programs, so you can run two at the same time and see them both on the screen.  It is pretty amazing to me.

Now that I am back, I will give you a preview of some of the other changes that I will write about:

  • Emma Kate starts Kindergarten
  • Emelia has an Orbital Fracture
  • What to Pack the Picky Eater for Lunch
  • Football Season

 Make sure to keep checking back for our updates.  Meanwhile, I found a recipe that you might want to try!  I try to eat pretty healthy and often times I will crave something sweet.  Well, this 3 ingredient dip is sure to satisfy your craving!

Funfetti Cake Dip                 



Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.9 oz) box Funfetti cake mix
  • 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
  • 1 cup lite Cool Whip
  • Nilla wafers




How to make it:

In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, plain yogurt and Cool Whip until completely combined and you see no more lumps. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill for about 4 hours. Garnish with additional sprinkles if desired and serve with Nilla wafers, enjoy! -

 See more at: http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2012/06/funfetti-dip.html  (she used animal crackers, so you could do that, but my girls love Nilla wafers, so I think it was equally as tasty).





No comments: