Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day 2013!

I am so blessed to be in a country where I can say that I have freedom.  I have freedom because there are the brave who are willing to sacrifice their lives to give me a free one.  During the cookouts, swimming pools, beach times, vacations, it is easy to forget why we are celebrating, so please take a moment to thank those who serve!



We had a family get-together to include hotdogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, pineapple casserole, coleslaw, baked beans and chips.  It was a nice spread and then for dessert, my mother-in-law made Goody Bars and chocolate chip cookies as well as Memorial Day sugar cookies.  Yum!!




We went to church Sunday morning and then everyone came over for a big lunch afterwards.  It was a lot of fun.  Emelia and Emma Kate wanted to immediately put on their swimsuits and we all jumped in to the {cold} pool.  We spent most of the day splashing in the water, filling up buckets of water and playing at the water table.

We had a {great} time to say the least.  I know that the girls enjoyed themselves!  We all slept well!  Today, we have had a nice and relaxing day of rest.  We've all hung out in our PJ's and watched movies, taken naps and just enjoyed one another's company.  

Thank you for stopping by and getting a peak into our lives.  Happy Memorial Day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems like it was lovely weekend.

Twitter manager Australia