Friday, September 21, 2012

Buffalo Wing Hummus

I got this really fun hummus recipe from Slender Kitchen.  I was so excited because it is something that I can make for football games, but I dont have to gain 10 pounds while eating it.  I served it with veggies and pretzels, but there are various things you could try (that would also increase the calories).  1/4 cup of it is 2 WW points! Woohoo!  I did change the ingredients just a bit, but you can go to the website to get the other recipe as well.

Photo used from Slender Kitchen's Website




Buffalo Wing Hummus:


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid)
2 cloves garlic
1/8 cup (2 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot (or similar cayenne pepper sauce)
1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
3/4 tsp salt

Add everything to a food processor and blend until it reaches the texture you want. Enjoy!  Go Cocks!



Points: 2 weight watchers pointsplus
Servings: 8
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Nutritional Information: 73 calories, 2 g of fat, 12 g of carbohydrates, 2.2 of fiber, 3.5 g of protein

No comments: