We had such a blast while on vacation in Myrtle Beach. We try and go back there every year since that is where Jerry and I first met. It was Emelia's true first trip to the beach and she loved it! I think she is a lover of beach, ocean, bathing suits, cool breeze just like her mama.
We went out on the beach the first day. Emma Kate had been talking about building sandcastles for months before we actually went on our trip. Once we got out there, she told me that she was a little scared of all the dirt in her shoes. I thought that was hilarious! Her daddy had to literally carry her across so that she was not freaking out. Once we were settled, though, she began to dig in the dirt with her shovel. I showed her how to put the sand into the buckets, crabs, cars, etc and turn them over to make the "castle" and she thought it was just the neatest thing.
Emelia was sitting on a bamboo mat that we have. She would begin grabbing the sand and when I looked away for a milli-second and turned back,she had taken a big bite of some sandy goodness. She had seashell chips all over her mouth and all I could think about was how it was going to feel coming back out of her poor little self. She crawled around in the sand and got mama real dirty and before we knew it, she was out for a nap. We made a "tent" for her and she slept under it for about a half hour.
Emma Kate kept getting worried that the water was going to get us. She said, "That water keeps coming up. It is going to get us." Her daddy and I explained that it would take a while. A few minutes later, Emma Kate was screaming and we were all grabbing towels and chairs and coolers as fast as we could. I looked up and we were getting bombarded by the ocean. All Emma Kate could say was, "See, I told you."
We went up to the room to get cleaned off and then headed down to the pools. Since there was so much going on each day, I am going to try and break up my posts by days. What a fun vacation we had!!














No comments:
Post a Comment