Wednesday, May 11, 2011

18 weeks, Mother's Day and Fun!

Tomorrow we will be 18 weeks! I feel like the time is really just flying by. I know that after we find out what we are having it will really speed up. I have been working hard on different rooms in the house to get things completely organized. There have been little closets and rooms that have just been overlooked since Emma Kate was born and with me being a full-time working mommy, I have just "let it go." At this point, I am afraid that if I keep letting it go, it will never get clean.






I have still been eating salads, junk food, fruit (I LOVE FRUIT!), some veggies and of course meat because my husband likes it so much. I am not that big of a fan, but making every effort. I have mostly only been drinking water. I completely gave up caffeine and any meds since becoming pregnant and I honestly miss my caffeine SO bad! I love diet coke an diet pepsi and have been dying for a vanilla diet coke from Sonic. It's funny to me because I was reading another blog and there is another person out there as odd as me that likes vanilla diet coke as much as I do. My aunt likes it, too, so I dont feel that weird. Last time I went to the doctor I had gained 8 lbs..... We will see what happens on May 25th.






Mother's Day was absolutely fabulous! Jerry got Emma Kate out of bed and brought her into our room after she was awake and she told me "Happy Mother's Day." Jerry had made me a Mother's Day card on a computer system all by himself. For him, that was a lot of effort, so it put a smile on my face. Emma Kate picked out a plant, some sour patch kids (my favorite)and a purple bear (a teddy bear). Jerry just let her get whatever she wanted to get me and I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful. I loved it. We went to church that morning and then attempted naps (this girl is not wanting to take a nap at ALL and then is SUPER cranky!) and then went to my moms. We had a great time watching Emma Kate play in her house that my mom has for her. It was nice just being Emma Kate, my mom, my nana and me. Even my grandma showed up a little later.






After we left my moms, we headed over to Jerry's moms. After we had dinner, we went home. It had been a long day and was time time for us all to get some rest. Emma Kate made my mom and Jerry's mom suncatchers to hang in their windows. She painted my mom a picture frame and we made Jerry's mom a Carolina Gamecocks tailgate bucket. We had a very nice day! I hope all you other moms out there had a fabulous day!

No comments: