Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spooning

Emma Kate has gotten to the point where if we tell her to "come give me a hug" or "come give me a kiss" she will do it (on her own terms of course). It is so sweet. She has even started to lie down with me on the couch here and there. Nothing for long periods of time. When I get home from work in the evenings, sometimes she will sit in the recliner with me while watching Jack's Big Music Show (she loves the music and Laurie Berkner) and will actually cuddle. Although she does not actually spoon in bed, she has started to use her own spoon at dinner.

It is a crazy mess, but so cute to see her try. Just take a look at this picture of her eating spaghetti. So sweet!



Up to 23 kids on my caseload....so you know I am still stressed!!!! I took last Friday off because I needed the breather and boy was it terrific! Please continue to pray that I can have the strength I need each day at work and that I will figure out what His plan is for me. I know that what our calling is may not necessarily be something that we want to do, but I feel like my position at work should be less stressful.

I did start seeing a chiropractor for the back and neck pain that I have. She said that my pelvic bone is shifted and "locked up" in addition to having an upper back area (this part is stress related) and a cervical area of pain (where my migraines stem from). Great to know. Hopefully this will all work and she has told me to make sure and drink plenty of water, so that should help with the bathing suit season around the corner.

Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.



2 comments:

Angee @ October Morning said...

My Livie loves Jack's Big Music Show. I soon as I read it. I started signing "Rocketship Run". Ha!

SweetPea said...

There is nothing better than when you ask for hugs and kisses, and your baby actually gives them to you!!! It's the best ever. :)