Monday, August 31, 2009

Out and About


I was reading Kelly's post over at Kelly's Korner and I have been meaning to write about this, but just have not gotten around to it. I have found myself having a really tough time getting out of the house lately. I try and run errands and honestly, Emma Kate does pretty well once we get out of the house. It is just so hard getting to that point- the packing of the bags, getting her in her carseat (she still screams her little head off when I put her in her seat, but she is fine once I get her in the car?) and getting out the door. I am not complaining by no means. I am thankful that God has blessed me with this baby and that I am able to get out and about. I just wanted to see if there are any suggestions out there from other moms who may have had a hard time and now have it down pat.

Also, we are getting better in public now as far as going to dinner and going to Target and Walmart because she can sit in the shopping cart with the little seat cover or she can sit in the highchair with the seat cover and she really likes being able to look around. She has started reaching for everything on the shelves though, haha. It is so cute right now. (I cheated with the picture above because I don't think we have taken one of Emma Kate in hers....on the list of things to do). Sometimes, she still gets a little aggravated at the end of the meal and wants to be held. Does anyone have any suggestions about that and what to do to keep her happy? We take toys, but they all end up on the floor.




1 comment:

Reid said...

I am the LAST one to give advice here....I was terrible! I think Gracie just went to Target last week for the first time! J/k, but not by far. With both of mine, it was a long time before I ventured out (store, or lunch/etc) other than Doctors and daycare.
Pros and Cons w/ that....the cons, that I have found, is that now that they are older, they aren't really used to being out in public...does that make sense?
And with Gracie, I was really bad....we've had to venture out more w/ #2 and Cman (and his issues), but it's still not easy. Getting in and out of daycare is VERY challenging!