Tuesday, March 3, 2009

6 Weeks!

Hey guys, aren't I just the cutest little thing?







When they say that time flies when you are having fun, it does, but it really flies by when you have a baby and are having fun. I cannot believe that Emma Kate is already 6 weeks old. The past few weeks have been the best of my life. I have learned so much and am still learning a ton each day. My life as it was has definitely changed, but I cannot imagine my life without my daughter. Every little milestone that she meets or new face that she makes or new sound that I hear just makes me enjoy her more and more. When I am having a bad day, that cuddly hug that I get from her just melts my heart and all that was bad disappears. With her being 6 weeks old that also means that I am in my sixth week of maternity leave so it is half way over. I am so bummed about that and not ready to leave her, but knowing that I like my job and miss the families I work with does help to make this transition more feasible. All went well at my six week follow up and I have 5 more pounds to go to be at pre-pregnancy weight (I was happy to hear that)! So excited about exercising again!! Maybe I could lose another 10 and be at my wedding day weight....ok, so now I am dreaming, but possibly once our little one is walking we can accomplish that goal.

2 comments:

SB said...

She is a doll! And don't worry, those 5 lbs will come off easily. The extra 10 are harder...I'm the same way, I'd love to lose 10 and get back to my wedding weight :)

Silvina said...

She is so adorable Jenn! I can't believe she's all ready 6 weeks. I can only imagine how it must feel to get a little hug from her. I'm sure all the bad does go away. Enjoy every minute of it.